Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This blog has been sitting a while, because my focus was elsewhere than job hunting. I have been busy serving others freely. The time, will come, however, when I simply must have an income, and it will be this year.

Serving? Yep. No charge. I live in a retirement village for Christian missionaries. At 57, I'm one of the youngest, and therefore physically stronger than most. This year I have tried to be useful while getting to know many of my wonderful neighbors.

What have I done since last blog? Some things...helping a neighbor who just turned 100 and still lives alone, consulting for a deaf school in Santo Domingo via Skype, working on curriculum for that school, helping friends in the village with computer issues, or taking them to the store or doctors' appointments, researching on the internet (mostly about deaf education), taking a free online course...I cannot list everything!

And just now, I'm actually getting around to doing a little, very little bit of job hunting. I'm really too busy to do much!

No comments:

Post a Comment